- Quality of life: Living with pain makes it harder to enjoy life’s happiest moments, and it can make stressful situations even more challenging.
- Long-term disability: Persistent back pain can limit one’s ability to participate in certain activities and may even interfere with everyday tasks like washing and getting dressed.
- Mental health: Chronic back pain is associated with “high levels of psychological distress” [source] and may lead to an increased risk of depression.
Scoliosis Pain Treatment
Some scoliosis sufferers experience relatively little back pain, but for others, scoliosis is a source of near-constant suffering and discomfort.
This can have an enormous effect on one’s day-to-day life.
The impact of scoliosis pain
Treating back pain with exercise-based scoliosis therapy
But what about physical therapy?
We at the Scoliosis SOS Clinic (in collaboration with Monash University in Melbourne, Australia) conducted research to answer the following questions:
- Can a 4-week ScolioGold treatment programme reduce pain in scoliosis sufferers?
- Will the outcome of the treatment course be maintained 6 months later?
Pain levels before treatment
Treating the patients
Did it work?
Patient-reported Pain Levels
But short-term pain reduction is one thing. We wanted to know if our ScolioGold therapy programme could achieve lasting results for patients experiencing scoliosis-related pain.
Did it last?
Not only did the patients’ pain levels stay down in the months following treatment, they actually went down even more!
Results & Conclusion
|Before Treatment||After Treatment||6 Months Later|
|Average Pain Level||4.77 out of 10||2.49 out of 10||2.06 out of 10|
Pain reduction was maintained after patients left the clinic, and pain levels continued to decrease with specialised home exercise.
Interested in Scoliosis Pain Treatment? Arrange a Consultation >
ExperienceMeet The Team
I'm grateful to have found Scoliosis SOS in my search for a treatment option for my back. I'm inspired by your work and dedication to this clinic and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for creating an opportunity for me and everyone else to help their backs non-surgically..."