Scoliosis SOS have adopted the following policies to safeguard your personal information. In accordance with the relevant pieces of legislation (including the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation), we do our best to limit the collection and use of personal information to what is necessary for the running of our business.
As a user of the Scoliosis SOS website, you have a number of rights, including:
- Right of access – The right to access the personal information we hold on you
- Right to rectification – The right to correct any inaccurate personal data, or complete any incomplete information
- Right to erasure – The right to have your personal data erased (may not apply in certain circumstances)
- Right to object – The right to object to how we are using your personal information (may not apply in certain circumstances)
If you wish to view, amend, or request deletion of your personal data, please email email@example.com
. We endeavour to respond to all such requests within 1 month of receipt.
Information We Collect
If you Contact us
via this website, we will collect the following information:
- Date of birth
- Name of parent or guardian (if under 18)
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
- How you heard about Scoliosis SOS
- Description of your back condition
- Whether you’ve worn a brace
- Whether you’ve had surgery
- Your consultation preferences (telephone, Skype, or clinic visit)
If you choose to do so, you can also provide the following information:
- Date of diagnosis
- Angle of curvature
- Any other treatments you’ve had
- Whether you experience any pain
- Preferred appointment time
- Skype username
- Any other information you include in your message to us
- Description of your back condition
We do not collect any personally-identifiable information other than what you submit via our contact form
In addition to the above, we use Google Analytics to monitor our website traffic and user engagement. This tool only collects aggregated data, and does not record personal information about individual users. Nevertheless, you can opt out of our Google Analytics data using this browser add-on
How We Use Your Information
- Personal information submitted via our contact form will be used to respond to your enquiry and provide advice during your initial consultation.
- If you become a Scoliosis SOS patient, we will retain your personal details in order to help us provide the right treatment for your condition.
- If you give us permission to do so, we may add your email address to the Scoliosis SOS mailing list – see point 6 below for further details.
- If (after placing an enquiry) you choose not to undergo treatment at our clinic, we will not retain your personal information.
- The anonymous information we collect using Google Analytics is used to measure and improve the performance of our website.
All personal and medical information is held securely. We do not rent, sell, or transmit personal information to unaffiliated third parties.
Other People’s Information
You may use our contact form
to submit information about another person.
If you do this, please be sure to obtain the other person’s permission and make sure they understand what information you’re sharing with us.
We recommend that you give the other person a link to this privacy notice so that they can review it before you submit their personal/medical details.
Children Under 13
We often treat patients under the age of 13 here at the Scoliosis SOS Clinic.
Under UK law, you must be 13 or older to consent to the processing of your personal information. If you are younger than 13, please ask a parent/guardian to fill out our contact form
on your behalf.
We are committed to keeping children’s personal information safe and secure. Please rest assured that your child’s details will be stored securely and will not be shared with any unaffiliated third parties.
When you contact Scoliosis SOS via this website, you will have the option to join our mailing list. Mailing list subscribers occasionally receive email newsletters containing news and updates from the Scoliosis SOS Clinic.
Once subscribed, you may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time – simply click the ‘unsubscribe’ button in any of the promotional emails we’ve sent you, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
to request removal.
Please note that, even if you are not subscribed to our mailing list, we may still contact you regarding your back condition, your treatment, and/or any outstanding payments if necessary.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other sites, and we make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other websites, and we accept no responsibility for any personal information you submit on websites other than www.scoliosissos.com.
Any information you enter while browsing our website will be submitting via a secure (HTTPS) connection.
We employ the services of a GeoTrust SSL certificate to keep information submitted via this website secure:
We take Internet fraud very seriously, and if we have reason to believe that a crime is being committed or that our website has been abused in any way, we reserve the right to share any relevant information with law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies (including banks).
or write to the following address:
Scoliosis SOS Clinic
63 Mansell Street